Monday, June 29, 2009

I hate smart men

As usual I reached home after hectic day in office by 8pm in the evening. I freshened up and continued with my evening chores. One part of my mind always waits for late lateef hubby, who tells he will be in home by 8:30pm but comes home only after 10pm just to impressing his boss:-) Though mind empathizes with him for his situation, heart sometimes (to be read as most of the times) goes in opposite direction.

I was rolling chapatti when the door bell rang around 9:30. Oh my god! Hubby is half an hour early today. Thank god for small mercies. With a broad curve on my face went to receive patidevru at the door. So tired he looked poor fellow. The moment he saw my face he smiled and I smiled back at him. He came out of his chariot and started staring at me and said, “wow ! Your face is so clear. You are glowing, why is it sweetheart?”

Could somebody please hold me firm? I am flying (though with 70Kg weight nobody flies but still I was). I blushed and thanked hubby whole heartedly for his complement.

He didn’t stop there. He continued. “Tell me dear, how come you are looking so clear today and you are looking really bright, tell me know”

Then even I started searching for an answer. I said “may be because I am very happy today”. I started explaining him by using all the knowledge I had about the influence of one’s psychological state on his appearance with so many illustrations. As I continued to blush in the process of answering his question I turned pink :-).

Hubby on the other hand was not satisfied with the answer. He said “Nah! That may be the reason. I have seen you when you were very happy but I never saw this clarity on your face”

Then suddenly I saw the chance to sell him my ideas, “May be because I am doing yoga and meditating nowadays. I am just done with my pranayama, you know”. Yes, I was very much convinced with my answer this time and I turned towards hubby for his reaction while I explained the advantages of yoga, pranayama and meditation which I had heard from my yoga instructors and read over the net. My cheeks turned red this time with so much of blushing. I was afraid, if my blushing continued I might break one or two blood veins on my cheek.

But somehow he was not convinced. He replied, “You are doing yoga and meditating for almost a month now. But still there is some difference today”.

Even though by then, the chapatti was roasted to end of its life, I continued my brainstorming. Giving a convincing answer to my hubby’s question had become my mission. More than satisfying him, I wanted to know the answer so that I can brag about the same thing with my friends and colleagues. But all my efforts were in vein.

Hubby who was silently trying to find an answer till now, said “oh! I got it”.

I thanked god again for his kind heart. Thank you god, finally my hubby found the reason for my glowing. I was very eager to listen to his words dipped in honey. This much tension I never had, not even when my semester results were out.


At that moment my flight of fancy brought down to earth by his monologue “How could I miss it. it is my new spectacles” , as he started looking into the mirror adjusting his brand new spectacles with new lenses.

My face got drained immediately and turned pale. I gave him a mouthful and went inside the kitchen not even admiring his new spectacles.

11 comments:

Shekar said...

A nice twist in a tale at the end. i was guessing there might be some atta on ur face since u were preparing chapatis.. ;-) U really have to appreciate the sense of Humour from the smart man.

Roopashree said...

I do agree with you shekar. I hate smart men bcoz they r smart :)

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha....such a smart hubby :-)

Roopashree said...

Thanks for the complements sari. I will convey it to my hubby ;)

Unknown said...

suspense was like some RamGopalVerma movie upto the end..later it became a tenniskrishna comedy time ;)

Roopashree said...

Thanks a lot my dear :)

Onion Insights said...

Hi

A very funny post! We at Onion Insights (onioninsights.blogspot.com) are always happy to come across bloggers like you. We are also glad to inform you that your writing skills can now be put to good use and you can make some extra money too. Sign up as a freelance Mystery Shopper - go to www.sassieshop.com/2eyp and select New Shopper Signup with Onion Insights - A Boutique Mystery Customer Experience Management firm and get paid for telling us your shopping or dining experience. You read correctly - you get paid for shopping!
For more details log on to www. onioninsights.blogspot.com, read our blog and give us a call on +919769781001 or shoot us an email at support @onioninsights.com. An OI Team Member will get in touch with you as soon as possible! There are many Mystery Shopping assignments available in Bangalore. So what are you waiting for?

Warm Regards,
OI Team

Unknown said...

hahaha.. that was a really smart answer and a nice humorous twist to the tale!

Roopashree said...

Thanks maddy :)

Swaram said...

Nice one .. I will never ever allow my man to wear glasses then lest he gets to know that makes me seem beautiful :P

ಸುಹಾಸ್ said...

haa haa.... smartly done