Friday, September 18, 2009

Being Silent .....

I was just browsing through some of the other blogs and I found an interesting post which talked about the power of being silent. Though I know ‘silent’ as a word I have had no experience of being silent (check with my hubby. He is sure to second me on that :-))

For me 'silence' is synonymous to 'impossible'.

My mom tells I was the one among the early talkers as a kid. No wonder I am a chatter box today. Even though there is no need, though there is no meaning I simply keep blabbering something or the other. I always want to come out of this bad habit (‘bad’ because my blabbering had resulted in many problems with friends/strangers and family members). Especially when I am angry, I spurt out everything which is there and not there in my mind which in turn causes havoc. Spoken words and broken hearts can never be repaired.

So I was discussing with hubby how to learn to be silent. Suggestion came instantly,

“Go to AOL, attend vipasana course”.

Hubby had been to the course. But I never saw him exhibiting what he learnt especially when I start talking err... blabbering err... spurting. He losses his cool and shouts at a greater pitch than mine (sorry for little exaggerations!!! he can never pitch his voice greater than mine. I am sure nobody can beat me in this regard)

Then I thought, learning something in normal environment cannot prepare you for extreme situations. If at all one has to learn something, learn it in extreme conditions, then the lessons last longer.

So I have decided I will be with my MIL and learn to be silent :-|