Thursday, February 4, 2010

Help !

I recently read this quote in one of the mails.

“I came to realize that life lived to help others is the only one that matters and that it is my duty...This is my highest and best use as a human.”


I have helped many people many a times and I have taken help from many. But reading this quote made me think a lot about the topic of “helping” and “Whom to help”.


I have come across many people who have taken help and I have analyzed their behavior after taking help :-)

1. First category of people takes help from others and they do not acknowledge because it hurts their ego.
2. Second: They take help from others, they do not acknowledge and they treat the one who helped them as their enemies.
(Do you wonder!!!
U bet !!! I have seen such people in my life. In fact all of us (with some exceptions) might have come across or will come across such people at least once in life)
3. Third: These are the people who take one inch of help and show their gratitude 10 thousand miles. They exaggerate the greatness of the one who helped them.
(But one should understand that too much of anything is good for nothing :-). But this category of people is better than the above two.)
4. Fourth: They are graceful when they take help. They are graceful in showing their gratitude. I mean to say they do not exaggerate too much.
(But one problem with this kind of species is they are endangered :-) )

So what I am trying to tell is, as Krishna himself said in Bhagavad-Gita “whenever you are giving something or helping somebody make sure that he must be a worthy recipient. The recipient is graceful enough.”

Help as long as you want as much as you want throughout your life but make sure you have the answer for the question "Does he deserve???", before you jump to help.

As recipient one should make an attempt to question their own worthiness to receive the help. Because the one who is helping is already great whether he is graceful in helping or forced or helping as duty or sacrificing or for any damn reason, he has decided to help you.
When we make ourselves deserving it helps all those who wants to help us throughout their lives :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

helping is really important... and as you have said we have to see whether the person is realy deserved one..

there are some people who not even acknowledge that.. :( :(

Roopashree said...

Hi Kanagu welcome to my blog :)
Though we have the desire to help we should find whether the other person deserves or not before tending our helping hand