Monday, February 15, 2010

Love is in the Air !!!

Valentines Day is just over.
It was so colorful everywhere.
I too had a wonderful V Day with hubby.
While soaked up in V day spirit my mind started pulling pranks
Why do we love someone???
What is true love??? etc ... etc ...
After lot of tossing around ideas, I started thinking aloud about these unanswerable questions.

Lets start with: “Why do we love someone???”
We all know that “human by nature is selfish”. But the act of love is selfless. How a man could be selfish and selfless at the same time???

My answer is, man is never selfless. At least 99.99% of human are not.
We love somebody bcoz loving somebody makes us happy. This is same when we help somebody or care for somebody. The act of loving, helping and caring makes us happy. So we are doing it.

Then how can we say that loving somebody is selfless act????

I have a proof to strengthen my view.

We see many instances where a girl refuses to accept a guy's love, then he threats to throw acid on her face or to hurt her in some way. Or guy/girl blackmails saying that they will end their lives if he/she doesn’t accept his/her love. We have seen some people committing suicide on love failure leaving the other person guilty throughout their life. Or some people say,
“I will not marry somebody, I will be loving u for ever.”
“I will not love somebody else. You will be responsible for my depression.”
“You ruined my life by not accepting my love”
"You hurt me by not accepting my love. I will ruin your life" !!!

Do you think these are the symptoms of selfless Love???

Okay !!!

Can somebody stand his/her partner having good time with a person of opposite sex??
Forget about opposite sex. How many times have we quipped/fought with our partners when they went and spend some good time with their friends??
Most of us have done it.

How many of us can accept happily if our partners says they are in love with somebody else and they want to leave us and go with them?

No !!!!

we cannot accept it. As I said earlier at least 99.99% of us will not accept it

Arey Yaar. Love is selfless !!!
We love bcoz we want our loved ones to be happy. Then why can't we leave them or send them happily to be with somebody else they love.

Why ??????

It is so simple. Our love is selfish love. :)

Yeah!!! That’s the bitter truth and hard to accept it.

Love does not happen just in one day. Love at first sight is absolute BS.
It all starts with attraction. Attraction sees only what is good and what we can accept in one person. Only when we start living together and knowing each other, then the love grows. That to a selfish love. Only few blessed ones may develop true selfless love over a period.

What is true or selfless love then??

True love is loving someone without expecting anything from them. Accepting what they are. True love is when you don’t trade your love for their love, which is very tough for most of us.

However, I remember my manager used to say, though you are not a good person act as if you are good. Who knows one day you might really become a good person. So let us continue to be selfish lovers. One day we might become selfless lovers where we only want our loved ones to be happy no matter what.

A VERY HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes u r very true in saying we do not love someone selflessly... but this is only wrt Valentines... because i really feel selfless love is the love which our parents give us... they love us and do everything possible from their end expecting nothing from us... wht do u say ?

Roopashree said...

I totally agree with you maddy.