Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Incorrigible Men

Today morning I got up at 7am in the morning just to fall prey for my MIL’s wrath.

More than falling prey, I just invited her wrath by not getting up early. Because she had already informed me previous night that the breakfast should be ready by 8am in the morning as my BIL (Brother in Law) was leaving early to attend some conference.

I hope at least readers can empathize with me for my inability to get up early, blame it on the weather. Such a nice weather I feel like wrapping myself in my blanket and continue to sleep indefinitely. Sigh !!! I wish I could do that. But the responsibilities force me to get up as early as possible. And now please stop laughing. 7am is really too early for me.


Ok... As my MIL had informed she would be doing only lemon rice, I thought she would require not much help and I walked towards bathroom to take bath, get ready and leave for office. My hubby who sensed his mother’s anger, asked me to help her in the kitchen. Actually you know I was supposed to leave for office early as I had some urgent deliverables. But hubby, who never asks me to do anything, now if he is asking, I understood there should be some reason. Dropping the idea of taking bath, I walked towards kitchen.

MIL had changed her mind. She also wanted to prepare chapatti and curry along with lemon rice. So I started rolling chapattis after cutting the vegetables for curry. Suddenly I remembered that one of my colleagues had asked me to talk to my family taxi driver as he wanted the taxi for Saturday. I called hubby from the kitchen.

“putta.... could you please come here for a minute”

Hubby replied “yeah coming ....”

I just got the reply but no response. Sorry, I mean to say, he just said he is coming but he didn’t. I was totally pissed off. First of all I was irritated because I will not be able to reach office on time. Secondly there was lot of things to do at kitchen and third, hubby didn’t come when I called him. My temper was boiling as the water on the stove. I had turned red as the chapatti on the pan. (Too much simile :) Just to make you understand how much I was vexed)

Fine. I was done with my work at kitchen and I stormed towards room where hubby was happily browsing the news papers over the net. Looking at him I shouted,

“BTW, do you have any idea that I have an urgent deliverable at office ??? and how much late I am??? You expect me to do things what you ask, but you cannot even respond when I asked you to come.....blah blah ....” The shouting went on for 5 mins.

Hubby was clam and cool. He didn’t tell anything. I thought of continuing my one sided conversation but as I was getting late to office I rushed to take bath.

I was little bit cool after taking bath. And I was getting ready to office. Hubby came towards me and smiled. I really don’t understand what happens to me when I see hubby smiling. I feel as if I was waiting for that smile throughout my life and I m glad to see him smile. My love for him starts like water coming out of tap and then flows like river running to meet the sea. I calmed down completely and also was very content and happy. I kissed him on his cheek.

Then looking at my eyes he said “sorry, I scolded you very badly”

And I replied “Its ok!!!”

Then I was trying to recollect what happened and when did he scold me??? I was totally confused.....

Could anybody please tell me what does he mean???? I am the one who was throwing out my anger on him. I am the one who was pissed off and I am the one who was scolding him for his lack of timely response and he thinks he was scolding me.

God please save me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will these men can ever listen to their wives???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

good one...Roopa the answer to ur question is NO...no husband will give timely response to there wife :) and that is 100% true :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roopashree said...

That is always there :)